Hello Professor and fellow classmates week
four for me has been interesting. I felt that this week assignment 1: Finding
Articles overwhelming. I say this because this is the first time as I mentioned
that I am doing research the right way. Also
I had computer issues that too was frustrating getting my school work done. So
when I looked at week 4 assignment 1 I thought wow! How am I ever going to get
through this its information overload. I
however tackled it reading and re-reading the instructions and referring to the
course text Badke (2014) I can honestly say I learned something new this
week. I feel a little more comfortable
looking for an article the way this week assignment had us do it.
The assignment was to locate one
peer-reviewed journal article on my topic.
My topic as you know is about veteran’s rehabilitation. We had to search for the article walking
through Badke readings for this week and yes it did give me the opportunity to
practice the search strategies that were introduced in the text. Like I said
when I started out I felt overwhelmed but I took my time and got through it.
I found that my research process need more
work discovering this way to search opened me up to more information. The Leatherby library has been difficult for
me to navigate around. To be honest week 1 and week 2 were real challenging.
Week four however had a bit of reading but was helpful in making me understand
a little more how the research process is done.
I did find an interesting article that I will probably use. This article also had information in it that
I did not even think about which was good and will help with the depth of my
research. I hope you all have a great
week five.
Hi Sheena,
ReplyDeleteThrough reading your blog posts, I noticed that we are both in pursuit of the same degree. I also found your research topic to be very interesting. Following your research could help me in the future as I am currently Active Duty. I am not sure if I will make a career of this yet, but one day, my time in the Navy will come to an end and your findings could be quite useful to me. During this class, I’ve also experienced a few frustrations, but I am happy we have these blogs to know that others are in our shoes and we can consult one another for tips to help the research process go more smoothly. Thank you to you and your husband for your dedicated service to our country. Good luck to him in his transition and also to you on your journey to your Bachelors and Masters degrees!
-Bethanie Collongues
Hello Bethanie,
ReplyDeletethank you for your service! I appreciate your feedback. I agree that it is nice to be able to bounce info off of each other. I think that is is a good thing to work on a degree while being active duty. It cannot hurt and will help when you do decide to leave the Navy. It will be one thing less that you have to worry about once you get out. It will also make you more competitive when seeking employment. Thank you for your good wishes towards myself and my husband. Looking forward to reading your blog as we push forward in the coming weeks. Good luck with your studies.