Hello Professor and fellow classmates,
What an exciting last 8
weeks! There was so much information that came with LBSU 302. Writing my literature review was certainly an
experience. For those who read my
previous post on the blog I had not been feeling well. So I fell behind a
little as I had to take it easy with everything. As you can imagine catching up was
crazy! I am grateful that I was able to
catch up and complete all my work that was due for all of my assignments.
Writing a literature review has indeed
effected the way I will do research in the future. I am only half way through my degree program.
I plan on using all that I learn on research in my other classes. I feel that I have a good foot in the door at being able to search for information and using the CRAAP test and the Badke book I am sure to do well.
To be honest with you all I felt that when
I reached the literature review writing process assignment it was when
everything started to fall in place. I
felt that I got a better understanding then of the whole eight weeks than I had
had previously.
My
understanding and knowledge of the topic has expanded due to the analysis I did
in writing my literature review. Because
my husband had recently retired from the military I was somewhat familiar with
some of the information pertaining to benefits. When finding my sources and
reading the different articles I was exposed to more information on my
subject. It hurt to read of the
different problems that our veterans are facing. I was encouraged by some of the readings and
also a little upset with the VA (Veteran Affairs) by others. I believe that we
have a long way to go on the road to correcting the way that some of our
veterans are treated.
I
agree that research is an ongoing endeavor and that there are always going to
be questions. I would say that the
question I have is will the Veteran Affairs ever really be able to full pay the
Veterans all that is due to them? They
are so far behind in back payments to many of them that it will take a while to
catch up. •
Fellow class mates I have enjoyed our time
that we shared together these past eight weeks sharing our thoughts through our
blogs. I hope you all were able to take
away something from this class. Research can sometimes be frustrating but we are now armed with the tools from this class, to recognize good information when we search for it. I plan on keeping a copy of the CRAAP test and our Badke text to help me in the future.
Good luck to you all and thank you Professor MacLeod for all your help
in this class.
No comments:
Post a Comment